*Updated March 2022*
IN ORDER THAT ALL MEMBERS MAY FULLY ENJOY OUR CLUB FACILITIES, PLEASE REVIEW THESE RULES WHICH ARE DESIGNED TO BENEFIT US ALL.
1. All Club boats, occupying moorage at any Thunderbird Yacht Club (TBYC) Outstation, are required to fly the TBYC Club burgee exclusively.
2. No member may leave his/her boat unattended overnight, except in the case of a storm, breakdown, or other emergency where, in which case, immediate notification is required to a TBYC Officer or Director.
3. No member’s boat should be moved without permission, except in the case of an emergency. Members are requested to use the Club’s dock space as efficiently as possible to accommodate the mooring of as many Club members’ boats as possible. For example, members should not tie up their boat in the middle of a slip, rather tie up their boat at either end of our slips (not in the middle) to maximize dock space. In the eventuality of such a moorage issue it may be necessary in some cases to move a member’s boat.
4. Members should consider staying no more than 3 consecutive nights at Club Outstations when other members are wishing to stay and there is insufficient dock space available (with the exception of Ekins).
5. Members are reminded that rafting is a tradition in the Club and are requested to co-operate with rafting requests when the need arises.
6. Guest boats are prohibited from using Club docks or from rafting to a member’s boat at a Club dock. The only exception is in the case of a one-time visit to Ekins of a prospective member’s boat, subject to prior notification to the Membership Chair. If the Membership Chair is unavailable then notification should be given to the Commodore, Vice-Commodore, or Rear Commodore. A one- time visit means a one-night stay in the company of the sponsor, which may be extended to two nights at the discretion of the Membership Chair, the Commodore, Vice-Commodore or Rear Commodore. No guest boats permitted on Club event weekends or long weekends from May through to September.
7. Black water discharge is prohibited at all our Outstations, including Ekins. Holding tanks must be used. There is a facility ashore for members whose boat is not properly fitted with a holding tank.
8. Members must control their wake during approach and departure. Any damage resulting from a wake will be the responsibility of the boat owner causing the damage.
9. Water-skiing and jet skiing are not to be done inside the two points of land within TBYC property.
10. As Ekins has no available dock power, the use of generators is a necessity for many members’ boats. Gen-sets are not to be used before 8:00 AM or after 10:00 PM. If a gen-set makes enough noise to bother other members, please use it only as necessary. Long run-times are discouraged.
11. Members are asked to be considerate with their noise/music.
12. Members are responsible for the activities of their pets at Club facilities. Pets should be taken on leash to the land area away from the Longhouse for relief. Pets are not allowed in the Longhouse or on the deck when occupied for events or when food is present.
13. Garbage is not to be left at Ekins, under any circumstances.
14. Smoking is NOT permitted in the Longhouse. Smokers are asked to use the East deck (towards the flagpole).
15. The Club has been built with volunteer labour from members and will continue with this tradition. It is imperative, however, that no physical alteration to Club facilities or property is made without prior approval from the Ekins Management Committee.
16. Members must report to the Membership Chair, in writing, any change in their boat ownership and ensure that the Club burgee is removed from the member’s boat, when sold.
17. All Members shall ensure that their boat is covered by adequate liability insurance prior to mooring at any Club facility and that proof of same shall be provided upon request. The minimum amount of liability insurance coverage required is $2 million.
End of Rules.
A Word About Reservations at our Outstations:
Our outstations have always operated on a first come basis. If you expect to arrive late and call ahead to the Marina Operator, all you have done is reserve this space for a Thunderbird Boat not necessarily yours, as another TBYC member might arrive before you.
Similarly, if you decide to go out for a cruise or to fish, you cannot leave a dinghy in place for your return later that day. Any Thunderbird boat can take that space while you are gone. TBYC Burgees MUST BE FLOWN at all outstations.
If you have any questions or concerns on Outstations please email: email@example.com